Thank you for your patience and understanding over the past week as we navigate and adapt to our current situation. There have been some changes to our communicable disease prevention plan to accommodate the recent changes set by the provincial government. If you would like to see a copy of the most up to date Communicable Disease Prevention Plan it can be found on the Sunset School website (https://ses.sd85.bc.ca/).
We would like to remind families of the following:
- Complete a daily health check with your child
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a mask at all times (unless eating or drinking), a recommended cloth or surgical mask
- Sanitize hands prior to entering and leaving the school as well as between classrooms
- No visitors in school; if you need to speak to your child’s teacher please contact the school
- No early arrivals at school
- Regularly check school website/Facebook page/Class Dojo and your email for up to date information
You should have heard from your child’s teacher to confirm how they will communicate with you in the event of school closure. If you have not heard from them, please reach out to them as they will require up to date contact information.
Please be aware of the following reasons for a school closure, as outlined by the Ministry of Education:
- Health closure of a school, which is determined by the local health authority due to the COVID- 19 case count in, or related to, a school.
- Functional closure of a school, which is determined by the school or school district due to a lack of staff to provide the required level of teaching, supervision, support, and/or custodial to ensure the health and safety of students. This would likely be due to a high absenteeism of all staff or certain employees required for a school to function and the inability to replace those absences.
- Transportation Closure, which is due to a lack of staff to be able to provide the required level of transportation services for students. This would likely be due the absenteeism of bus drivers and/or mechanics and the inability to replace those absences.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out and contact me through school email (email@example.com) or by phoning the school.